Volleyball is a popular game that is played all around the world by people of all ages and genders. For anyone who is new to the game, it’s important to have a fundamental understanding of volleyball rules as well as the various terms and conditions of the game. A volleyball team trainer or a coaching professional plays a vital role in improving the level of the team. The coaching professionals focus on the small details while teaching the large picture of the game. Getting trained by the right trainer will be the first correct step for playing volleyball.
The volleyball game is played by two teams, with six members on each side. William G. Morgan invented the game back in 1895 as an indoor sport. The international volleyball competition started in 1913 with the first Far East Games, in Manila. In the game, three players play in the front and three in the back row. The main objective of the game is to score points by sending the ball over the net, which is on the opponent’s court.
Key Responsibilities of a Volleyball Coach
● A volleyball trainer takes care of all the fundamentals of the game for youngsters. They properly guide each and every player in a team to teach the basic rules, techniques, and values of volleyball.
● The trainers can build a player’s self-esteem no matter what their skill level is. To acquire all the gaming rules, regulations, and other fundamental elements, it’s important to get trained by a responsible coach.
● They are responsible for enhancing a player’s volleyball IQ and skill. Be it a sudden attack from the outside hitter or a suddenly occurred fault, the professional trainers provide a complete guide to managing all situations.
● A coach gets the opportunity to cultivate both the emotional and physical development of a player. Be it in high school, university, or any other coaching institution, volleyball trainers always play a crucial role in improving the performance of a player.
Volleyball Coaching Styles
Finding an experienced volleyball team trainer is not any tough task. The coaching centers of this popular game are available in almost every county. But before taking admission to any coaching class, one should first know about different volleyball coaching styles.
- Command Coach: A command coach is strict and hardly changes any decision. They prefer to criticize rather than encourage the players. Any fun-loving person should not join such coaching classes as command coaches intimidate the players which are not pleasant for a student-teacher relationship.
- Submissive Coach: Submissive coaching styles are completely different from the previous one. They provide little instruction and minimal guidance during the play. Submissive coaches resolve discipline issues only when absolutely necessary.
- Authoritarian Coach: This type of trainer tends to treat their team in an authoritarian and controlled manner. What an authoritarian says is final and there is no chance for a second opinion from any player. Authoritarian coaching classes are great for learning proper disciplines in the field and staying clear about any decision in the field.
- Cooperative Coach: There is no doubt that volleyball is a team sport. Consistent team unity can ensure the success of a team. A cooperative coach identifies the best decision for the team and explains the general planning for the season. Cooperative coaching professionals guide the players with a positive attitude which plays a very important role in the player’s individual development.
Role of Volleyball Training Tools
An effective team trainer can surely enhance the IQ level of a trainee. But there are several high-quality volleyball training aids that are perfectly designed to boost the overall skillset. Block spike trainer, sport pass rite, spike challenger, arm swing trainer and several other solo practice training equipment are there in the market. These training equipment are just perfectly designed for indoor and outdoor practices.
The volleyball coaching classes have grown to a good extent with professional team trainers. Apart from school and college sporting events, there are several club programs that are well-organized with staff members. The serving, passing, setting, attacking, and blocking are some of the main techniques for this game. Above all, the game is all about team spirit. So make the right starting of the volleyball career, by working hard, regular practice, and taking training from the right volleyball coach.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Sports category
Leave a Reply