Like any other sport, volleyball requires consistent training and practice. If you’re a beginner or want to hone your skills from home, you need to invest in the right training volleyball equipment.
While some players may have no regard for equipment that aid in personal training, many volleyball players are investing in them. Apart from adding to your personal assets at home, volleyball training equipment has several benefits.
Benefits of using individual devices during training
1. Volleyball training devices offer the best option for physical exercise for a player. This helps one in strengthening specific skills and also maintains body fitness.
2. Using these devices helps improve and maintain coordination, flexibility, balance, maintain strength, and build muscle stamina and endurance. The player also improves their pulmonary and cardiovascular health.
3. They are easy to use and, therefore, gentle on your body saving you from injuries.
4. Some of the equipment can keep track of training progress thus, helping you get immediate feedback.
5. They save on cost. While you may use a significant amount on equipment’s initial owning volleyball training equipment is affordable in the long haul. If you’re in areas where you’re required to pay a fee to access a court, this inconvenience is lifted off your shoulders.
6. They promote cleanliness. Training at the comfort of your home helps you get past the musty odor of dozens of bodies sweating profusely in the practice court.
7. Personal training equipment gives a player a first-hand training experience. When training in a public volleyball court, it can be frustrating to adjust pieces of training equipment each time you use one. However, when you own volleyball training devices, you’re at liberty to adjust each of them as you need.
8. They give you the freedom to train when you want as you want. Having your training devices in the home gives you sheer pleasure. Their convenience is also unparalleled-you can train in the comfort of your privacy at home.
9. They save on time. Have you had to wait for another team or player to finish their training session for you to start your personal session? Have you had to chill and pounce on the next available ball? You can save yourself the trouble once you secure your individual volleyball training devices.
10. Individual equipment used at home can spark an interest in the game in your spouse and kids. This helps them improve their health.
4 Individual Volleyball Training Devices
There are several types of individual volleyball spike trainer devices available in the market today. Some of the top-rated must-have volleyball training devices are;
- Serving and arm swing trainer
- Volleyball spike training system
- Bounce trainer and gliding disc device
- Volleyball bounce training rope
1. Serving and arm swing trainer
This device helps one to perfect their swing motion technique and serving skill. It allows one to toss the ball mid-air as many times as one may please.
It has a long strap attached to a belt that allows the player to wear and fasten it around the waist. The elastic cord is also adjustable; therefore, you don’t have to run after the ball.
This helps you spare your energy for the practice session. The waist belt is also adjustable enough to allow for all waist sizes.
2. Volleyball spike training system
This device is a great trainer. It helps a hitter improve on timing, speed, and power of an oncoming ball. It has an adjustable elastic design that allows a player to manipulate the ball to the hitter’s comfortable height.
Using a volleyball spike training system helps one prevent shoulder and neck pain and injuries. It also allows one to connect it to a pole, a broom handle, or the garage ceiling.
3. Bounce trainer and gliding disc device
This device is a combination of a vertical jump trainer and double core slides. The two features allow a player to train their hips, abdomen, calves, and quads. It aids to improve the vertical jump, leg explosive power, agility and running speed. Overall, it helps improve on the legs’ strength.
4. Volleyball bounce training rope
This is a simpler version of the bounce trainer and gliding disc device. It helps improve on speed and power of an approaching hit.
It is made of elastic bands attached to the player’s wrist and ankles. The elastic bands are adjustable to accommodate any player’s height. It helps train for accurate volleyball passing.
The rope in both bounce trainer and gliding disc and bounce training rope is made from latex, which ensures strong rebound and resistance. As such, it prevents any collapse, thus further enhancing the bounce.
To read more on topics like this, check out the Sports category
Leave a Reply